A North American plant of the daisy family. Its tiny green flowers produce copious amounts of pollen, making it a major causative agent of hay fever in some areas.
- Ambrosia artemisia, family Compositae
More example sentences
- Many early emerging summer annuals, including giant ragweed, kochia, crabgrass, lambsquarters, and Russian thistle, are removed during tillage, allowing the crop and any new weeds to emerge together.
- It is wind-born pollen from plants that have inconspicuous flowers like wild grasses or ragweed that are the major causes of respiratory allergy.
- Occasionally, broadleaf weeds, such as Canada thistle or ragweed, become established in winter wheat fields and interfere with grain harvest or with the following soybean crop.
Definition of ragweed in:
- The British & World English dictionary