Definition of ragweed in English:
A North American plant of the daisy family. Its tiny green flowers produce copious amounts of pollen, making it a major causative agent of hay fever in some areas.
- Ambrosia artemisia, family Compositae
- Many early emerging summer annuals, including giant ragweed, kochia, crabgrass, lambsquarters, and Russian thistle, are removed during tillage, allowing the crop and any new weeds to emerge together.
- It is wind-born pollen from plants that have inconspicuous flowers like wild grasses or ragweed that are the major causes of respiratory allergy.
- Occasionally, broadleaf weeds, such as Canada thistle or ragweed, become established in winter wheat fields and interfere with grain harvest or with the following soybean crop.
Words that rhyme with ragweedaniseed • oilseed • birdseed
Definition of ragweed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.