Definition of ragwort in English:
A yellow-flowered plant of the daisy family that is a common weed of grazing land. It is toxic to livestock, especially when dried.
- Genus Senecio, family Compositae: several species, including the ragged-leaved tansy ragwort (S. jacobaea)
- Although the yellow-flowered ragwort is an attractive-looking plant, it is poisonous to animals and can cause skin reactions in people.
- Common ragwort, with its distinctive yellow flowers, is a very hardy plant producing up to 150,000 seeds at a time, which can survive for up to 20 years.
- Many landowners have to spend time, effort and money to clear the ragwort from our land that has been caused by the council's infestation.
Words that rhyme with ragwortmilkwort • pillwort
Definition of ragwort in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan