- A yellow-flowered plant of the daisy family that is a common weed of grazing land. It is toxic to livestock, especially when dried.
More example sentences
- Genus Senecio, family Compositae: several species, including the ragged-leaved tansy ragwort (S. jacobaea)
- Although the yellow-flowered ragwort is an attractive-looking plant, it is poisonous to animals and can cause skin reactions in people.
- Common ragwort, with its distinctive yellow flowers, is a very hardy plant producing up to 150,000 seeds at a time, which can survive for up to 20 years.
- Many landowners have to spend time, effort and money to clear the ragwort from our land that has been caused by the council's infestation.
More definitions of ragwortDefinition of ragwort in:
- The British & World English dictionary