noun[usually as modifier]
- A kind of lead-glazed Japanese earthenware, typically irregular in shape and used especially for the tea ceremony.More example sentences
- Along Main Street and other downtown avenues, shops offer everything from locally made raku pottery to fudge.
- The simplified forms of her raku sculpture convey Lorna's intention that the figures, animals, angels or monuments they resemble are symbols of a much deeper subject.
- Alison Sawyer's inspiring raku angels go fast at the Evergreen Gallery.
Japanese, literally 'enjoyment'.
More definitions of rakuDefinition of raku in:
- The British & World English dictionary