(also ramekin dish)
Definition of ramekin in English:
1A small dish for baking and serving an individual portion of food.
- Divide the mixture between the ramekins and push a truffle deep into the centre of each.
- These impressive soufflés can be made in individual ramekins or coffee cups.
- Fill the ramekins with some summer berries and a drop of booze.
1.1A quantity of food served in a ramekin, in particular a small quantity of cheese baked with breadcrumbs, eggs, and seasoning.
- The Irish black tea is hot and strong, the homemade raisin scones warm and airy, served with a heaping ramekin of clotted cream.
- The monochromatic assortment consists of four marvels of kosher-style cuisine served with two ramekins of sour cream.
- A thick and tender petite strip steak comes with basic fluffy scrambled eggs, crisp roasted new potatoes and a ramekin of rich tomato-tinged Béarnaise.
Words that rhyme with ramekinpigskin • spillikin
Definition of ramekin in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan