- 1A vegetable fiber noted for its length and toughness.More example sentences
- Potential sources being tested include soy, hemp, ramie, kenaf stems, pineapple and henequen leaves, and banana stems.
- Plant fibre used in carpet construction, including sisal, cotton, jute, coconut, pineapple, ramie, and hemp, have characteristics similar to cotton.
- While it is around 15% in jute, it is less than 5% in flax and ramie.
- 1.1Cloth woven from ramie.More example sentences
- It dissolves fabrics made of cellulose fibers, such as cotton, linen, rayon, and ramie, offering a variety of decorative options.
- Climatex Lifecycle, made by Swiss company Rohner Textil, is fabric made of pesticide free wool and organically grown ramie (a natural linen-like fiber).
- Another collection is totally natural with natural fabrics like ramie, natural colours such as green and yellow, and a simple cut.
mid 19th century: from Malay rami.
More definitions of ramieDefinition of ramie in:
- The British & World English dictionary