Definition of ramshorn snail in English:
A plant-eating European freshwater snail that has a flat spiral shell.
- Family Planorbidae: several genera
- Among the natural wonders that should be protected are stag beetles, and ramshorn snails; habitats including salt meadows and oak woods; and rare plants such as the lady's slipper orchid.
- Colombian ramshorn snails lay their eggs in a blob often larger than the snail that produced it.
- A generation ago, the European Red Ramshorn Snail was a common sight in freshwater aquariums.
Definition of ramshorn snail in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.