Definition of ramshorn snail in English:
A plant-eating European freshwater snail that has a flat spiral shell.
- Family Planorbidae: several genera
- Among the natural wonders that should be protected are stag beetles, and ramshorn snails; habitats including salt meadows and oak woods; and rare plants such as the lady's slipper orchid.
- Colombian ramshorn snails lay their eggs in a blob often larger than the snail that produced it.
- A generation ago, the European Red Ramshorn Snail was a common sight in freshwater aquariums.
Definition of ramshorn snail in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan