- The process of transferring information to or from memory in which every memory location can be accessed directly rather than being accessed in a fixed sequence: [as modifier]: random-access programmingMore example sentences
- The spot price of a 256-megabit, 266-megahertz double-data-rate dynamic random-access memory chip stood at US $2.95 on Tuesday, less than half their price at the start of the year.
- Most systems come with 256 megabytes of random-access memory, but doubling that, to 512 MB, is more than worth the $50 or so that it will cost.
- But 20 minutes before liftoff, a problem was detected that may involve the recorder's random-access memory, which stores data short-term, Tanner said.
More definitions of random accessDefinition of random access in:
- The British & World English dictionary