- The movements of an object or changes in a variable that follow no discernible pattern or trend.More example sentences
- This book popularized the ideas that the stock market is efficient and that its prices follow a random walk.
- For example, the path taken by an individual molecule in a gas is very well modeled as a random walk, entirely probabilistic in its nature.
- We observe good random walks for all these quantities.
More definitions of random walkDefinition of random walk in:
- The British & World English dictionary