Definition of rapturous in English:
Characterized by, feeling, or expressing great pleasure or enthusiasm: he was greeted with rapturous applause
More example sentences
- They brought their wit and music to the midlands and received rapturous applause.
- Leon performed a handful of his own songs, each one greeted with rapturous applause.
- She described how the mere sight of the Pope's plane was met by rapturous applause and tears of joy.
- Example sentences
- Indeed, Morrissey's new songs are the most rapturously received, more so even than the Smiths gems that he periodically drops into our laps.
- American audiences didn't question why she had suddenly returned; but they greeted her rapturously with standing ovations.
- Being conceptually similar to what was then happening in alternative pop, these were rapturously received by a young, European audience.
Words that rhyme with rapturousCerberus
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.