(also Welsh rarebit)
- A dish of melted and seasoned cheese on toast, sometimes with other ingredients.More example sentences
- Make sure you try the smoked haddock rarebit with creamed leeks and smoked bacon.
- Here, they are matched with a smoked haddock rarebit for an ultra-tasty dish.
- Meanwhile, to make the rarebit, very gently melt the cheese with the milk and stout in a heavy-based pan.
late 18th century: alteration of rabbit in Welsh rabbit.
More definitions of rarebitDefinition of rarebit in:
- The British & World English dictionary