- Have we really thought through the consequences of rash action now?
- The reformist troops weren't rash or impetuous enough to do something so drastic without direct orders.
- So in reality her quick thinking and rash acting had caused Jeff to faint.
- Example sentences
- Barth had the foolishness and rashness of the child that he was, quick to anger, slow to forgive, filled to the brim with pointless pride.
- One opposite to courage is cowardice, but another is rashness, foolhardiness.
- Better to try and fail than not to try at all, was his response to those who accused him of rashness and irresponsibility.
Late Middle English (also in Scots and northern English in the sense 'nimble, eager'); related to German rasch.
Words that rhyme with rashabash, ash, Ashe, bash, brash, cache, calash, cash, clash, crash, dash, encash, flash, gnash, hash, lash, mash, Nash, panache, pash, plash, sash, slash, smash, soutache, splash, stash, thrash, trash
- In a few cases, major skin rashes appeared 12-24 hr following exposure.
- Certain inflammatory diseases can affect your skin, causing rashes and lesions.
- Prickly heat is a very itchy red skin rash, causing a prickling or burning feeling.
- The run-up to the 30th anniversary produced a rash of new revelations and bitter polemics.
- The rash of strikes on the railways and elsewhere should quickly disabuse them of that delusion.
- Just like they said when those very same refineries were shut down because of a rash of accidents, it was going to cost us.
Early 18th century: probably related to Old French rasche 'eruptive sores, scurf'; compare with Italian raschia 'itch'.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.