Definition of rat snake in English:
A harmless constricting snake that feeds on rats and other small mammals.
- Several genera and species in the family Colubridae: genus Elaphe of America, in particular E. obsoleta, and genera Ptyas and Argyrogena of Asia (also called racer), in particular P. mucosus
- Only last week a boa constrictor and rat snake were found on a golf course near Accrington.
- A climbing snake, such as a rat snake, will hold itself on a stick.
- At the end of the demonstration, the handler comes out of the cage with a rat snake in hand.
Definition of rat snake in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.