Definition of rattlesnake in English:
A heavy-bodied American pit viper with a series of horny rings on the tail that, when vibrated, produce a characteristic rattling sound as a warning.
- Genera Crotalus and Sistrurus, family Viperidae: several species
- Those were some of the most dangerous kinds of reptiles, spitting cobras, rattlesnakes, Komodo dragons.
- Clark says timber rattlesnakes and other pit vipers may be the most social of all snakes.
- They're even immune to the venom of rattlesnakes and other pit vipers.
Words that rhyme with rattlesnakehandbrake • mandrake
Definition of rattlesnake in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.