- 1A rabbi, especially one who holds a position of authority or who acts as a personal mentor.[partly via Yiddish]More example sentences
- ‘Mikneh Rav,’ he says, means that they had acquired a Rav with whom they were extremely attached.
- Everyone should know that each individual situation must be considered carefully and a Rav must make the decision - not a Doctor.
- 1.1 (Rav) (In orthodox Judaism) a title of respect and form of address preceding a personal name.More example sentences
- Rav Schacter has apologized for his off the cuff statements that certainly do not represent his views.
from Hebrew and Aramaic raḇ 'master'.
More definitions of ravDefinition of rav in:
- The British & World English dictionary