- 1Severely damaged; devastated: he hopes to visit his ravaged homelandMore example sentences
- Rain brought renewed fears of mudslides in areas ravaged by wildfires last year.
- The small craft shivers within a pyrotechnic display of ravaged primary particles.
- Every few minutes I think of Cuba about to be ravaged by Hurrican Ivan.
- 1.1(Of a person) disfigured by age or illness: the sad tales and ravaged faces of the cancer victimsMore example sentences
- Today at the supermarket I noticed a woman whose skin looked ravaged by the sun.
- Vassell's recent career has been ravaged by injury.
- In Oshakati, northern Namibia, we are being ravaged by HIV.