- Wild, irrational, or incoherent talk: the ravings of a madwomanMore example sentences
gibberish, rambling, babbling, wild talk, incoherent talk
- You can read what can only be described as the completely nonsensical ravings of this chap here.
- What interests us here is not so much the completely irrationality of Carr's ravings, but the underlying reason for it.
- If you can stomach such ravings, here's a taster.
adjectiveBack to top
- Used to emphasize the bad or extreme quality of someone or something: she’d never been a raving beauty [as submodifier]: have you gone raving mad?More example sentences
- Secondly before the raving mad dogs tear me to pieces, think of this as a ray of hope.
- She was somewhat cute as best, not a raving beauty.
- He writes in a confounding way that always makes me end up thinking that he is a raving buffoon or a extraordinarily perceptive genius.