Definition of rawhide in English:
1Stiff untanned leather.
- Wood snowshoes with rawhide laces and leather bindings evoke fond memories of exploring the Wisconsin woods where I grew up.
- Hoop swings, bells, rawhide leather, wood, and most other chewable toys will be immensely enjoyed.
- The saddles are handmade with amazing workmanship in leatherwork and braided rawhide accessories.
1.1North American A whip or rope made of rawhide.
- Leave toys such as kongs (plastic toy), rope chews, rawhides and even bones for dog to play with and use up time while alone.
- Grace can legally be ‘bound to the whipping post as the victim to the stake, and lashed with rawhides alternately by the two'.
- And if you're buying, she likes really tough rawhides.
Definition of rawhide in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan