- A textile fiber or fabric made from regenerated cellulose (viscose).More example sentences
- The chemical is used in the production of textiles such as rayon and viscose.
- Cotton and rayon are cellulosic fibre and may be cleaned using all cleaning methods.
- The most important of these were developments from combinations of cellulose which made possible a wide range of new products including parkesine (the first commercial plastic), photographic film, and viscose rayon.
1920s: an arbitrary formation.
More definitions of rayonDefinition of rayon in:
- The British & World English dictionary