Definition of razor clam in English:
A burrowing bivalve mollusk with a long, slender shell that resembles the handle of a straight razor. Also called jackknife clam.
- Family Solenidae: Ensis and other genera
- In a scallop shell, arrange crabmeat, razor clam, mussels, scallop and honeydew melon.
- However, the unrelated Pacific razor clam is quite popular on the West Coast and is considered to have superior flavor.
- Most often used in fritters due to its tough nature, the West Coast razor clam is chewy at best.
Definition of razor clam in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.