Definition of razor clam in English:
A burrowing bivalve mollusk with a long, slender shell that resembles the handle of a straight razor. Also called jackknife clam.
- Family Solenidae: Ensis and other genera
- In a scallop shell, arrange crabmeat, razor clam, mussels, scallop and honeydew melon.
- However, the unrelated Pacific razor clam is quite popular on the West Coast and is considered to have superior flavor.
- Most often used in fritters due to its tough nature, the West Coast razor clam is chewy at best.
Definition of razor clam in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan