Definition of razorbill in English:
A black-and-white auk (seabird) with a deep bill that is said to resemble a straight razor, found in the North Atlantic and Baltic Sea.
- Alca torda, family Alcidae
- Along thousands of miles of coastline, you will see colonies of seabirds clustered in cliffs - gannets, puffins, guillemots, razorbills, and kittiwakes.
- Bempton is the largest seabird colony in England and is home to a breathtaking array of gannets, razorbills, and puffins.
- It was the noise of thousands of baby cormorants, razorbills, gannets and guillemots, demanding food from their nests on the cliffs.
Words that rhyme with razorbillspoonbill • duckbill
Definition of razorbill in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.