Definition of re-employ in English:
Employ again: the dismissed executives were soon re-employed his extensive research is re-employed in his chapter on black theater
More example sentences
- Even where, for example in an unfair dismissal case, the employment tribunal makes an order that the employee be re-employed by the employer in one way or another, if the employer fails to do so there is no contempt of court.
- So the Commission has a power of adjusting the rights of the terminated employee and re-employed employee, according to the circumstances of the case.
- The women workers were then re-employed on half their previous salaries, with none of their previous benefits.
- Example sentences
- The workers have been incensed as management took no action against the corrupt plant officials nor made arrangements for re-employment for the employees, the human rights group said.
- In only one of these cases was there an agreement that provided for any clawback of the money in the event of re-employment by the NHS.
- The process, completed at the beginning of February 1990, found 4,944 out of 15,312 personnel acceptable for re-employment in the new intelligence service.
Definition of re-employ in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.