Definition of re-employ in English:
Employ again: the dismissed executives were soon re-employed his extensive research is re-employed in his chapter on black theater
More example sentences
- Even where, for example in an unfair dismissal case, the employment tribunal makes an order that the employee be re-employed by the employer in one way or another, if the employer fails to do so there is no contempt of court.
- So the Commission has a power of adjusting the rights of the terminated employee and re-employed employee, according to the circumstances of the case.
- The women workers were then re-employed on half their previous salaries, with none of their previous benefits.
- Example sentences
- The workers have been incensed as management took no action against the corrupt plant officials nor made arrangements for re-employment for the employees, the human rights group said.
- In only one of these cases was there an agreement that provided for any clawback of the money in the event of re-employment by the NHS.
- The process, completed at the beginning of February 1990, found 4,944 out of 15,312 personnel acceptable for re-employment in the new intelligence service.
Definition of re-employ in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan