1Examine again or further: I will have the body re-examined
More example sentences
- For the first time since its adoption in 1930, the Code was to be fully re-examined and substantially altered.
- Pages that have not been as popular as entry pages may need to be re-examined and altered again.
- The clear purpose of the book is to re-examine the decision and alter the standards applied in the Pentagon Papers.
1.1 Law Examine (a witness) again, after cross-examination by the opposing counsel.
- They are there variously to lead, cross-examine and re-examine witnesses and to adjudicate on the evidence.
- Witnesses are first examined-in-chief by the Prosecutor, then cross-examined by defence counsel, and subsequently re-examined by the Prosecutor.
- Dr Pearson might have to consider asking the Home Secretary to recall him or even consider re-examining him.
Definition of re-examine in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.