Definition of reabsorb in English:
Absorb (something) again: a failure of the gut to reabsorb the majority of the fluid
More example sentences
- They were eventually reabsorbed into the surrounding tissue.
- As the fibres relax, they reabsorb the juices from the centre of the meat, and draw it back towards the edges.
- The corps continued to work under this name until 1996, when it was reabsorbed into the Royal Australian Engineers.
- Example sentences
- Yet the reabsorption of Alsace and Lorraine in that year brought little relief to wine-growers there.
- These tissues must have a function in the reabsorption of CKs released from the transpiration stream.
- Often the main cause behind sickness and disease is the retention and reabsorption of this toxic waste.
Definition of reabsorb in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.