- 1The state or power of being reactive or the degree to which a thing is reactive.More example sentences
- Acid reflux has been associated with bronchospasm, heightened bronchial reactivity, and airway edema.
- In another asthma model, airway reactivity and lung inflammation were enhanced in the lung.
- Basically, it's a lot of airway reactivity and a lot of inflammation.
- 1.1The extent to which a nuclear reactor deviates from a steady state.More example sentences
- The spectrum of nuclear reactivity, including intensity and extent, was graded for all categories as shown in Tables 2 and 3.
- The temperature changes in turn modify the reactivity through different nuclear physics processes, which has a well defined influence on the number of neutrons ready to induce fission.
- Because of the instability, an RBMK reactor that loses its coolant can under certain circumstances increase in reactivity and run progressively faster and hotter rather than shut itself down.
More definitions of reactivityDefinition of reactivity in:
- The British & World English dictionary