- A system of politics or principles based on practical rather than moral or ideological considerations.More example sentences
- Power politics and realpolitik emphasized by realists is seen as being derived from shared knowledge which is self-fulfilling.
- They are terrified of Leninist politics, which is nothing more for them than realpolitik practised by Marxist intellectuals.
- As they see it, we improperly allow realpolitik considerations to trump the human rights imperatives.
early 20th century: from German Realpolitik 'practical politics'.
More definitions of realpolitikDefinition of realpolitik in:
- The British & World English dictionary