- 1A tool for widening or finishing drilled holes.More example sentences
- A 10-mm cannulated reamer was drilled from distal to proximal over each guidewire through the cortex to a depth of 10 mm.
- If the head tube is badly ovalized, the reamer (attached to the facing cutter) will widen the sides, but the head tube will still be too long front-to-back.
- A common method was to bore a hole in the barrel using any of a variety of bung borers, boring taps, augers, tapered reamers, and the like.
- 1.1An instrument for scraping the burrs off the inside of water pipes.More example sentences
- Reamers are suitable for deburring and sizing the inside diameter (ID) of holes.
- While a pipe reamer is an expensive, specialized tool, it's worth buying if you're doing a job that involves cutting lots of pipe.
- 1.2A blade for scraping the carbon layer from the inside of the bowl of a smoking pipe.More example sentences
- You can either buy a pipe reamer, or most tobacconists will ream a pipe for free.
- This pipe tool set contains Pipe Knife, Pipe Reamer and Pipe Stand.
- 1.3 another term for juicer ( sense 1).More example sentences
- The game was purchased at a local church rummage sale that also netted us a juicer/meat grinder for $2, complete with reamer!
- Using a citrus reamer, muddle the leaves until they are dark green and pasty; the total volume should reduce by about half, and they should have released quite a bit of liquid.
- I will still use my wooden reamer for small jobs.
More definitions of reamerDefinition of reamer in:
- The British & World English dictionary