Definition of reapply in English:
verb (reapplies, reapplying, reapplied)
1 [no object] Make another application or request: he was ordered to take a driving test before reapplying for a license
More example sentences
- While those over 70 have to reapply for a driving licence every three years, they are allowed to fill out the medical questionnaire themselves.
- He will have to take an extended driving test if he reapplies for a driving licence.
- Under new legislation, all licensees have had to reapply for their licence - whether they want to just convert their existing licence or vary it to include extended hours or entertainment.
2 [with object] Apply (an existing rule or principle) in a different context.
- The source code itself can be sometimes reused, but more importantly, the learning that is represented in the source code can be reapplied in different contexts without major problems.
- When I went over there to his office in Switzerland, he was still truly a regional architect, taking those principles that he had learned and reapplying them in this new context.
- He explains that he's reapplied those principles learned in France at his restaurants.
3 [with object] Spread (a substance) on a surface again: reapply the sunscreen hourly
More example sentences
- He reapplied some different ointments and re-wrapped some all of the bandages he just took off.
- I quickly pull out a strawberry flavored lip gloss and gently apply, then reapply it to my lips.
- Apply it 30 minutes before exposure and reapply every 2 hours.
- Example sentences
- Cost for a new application is $3.60 per linear foot, a reapplication is $2.95 per linear foot and dust control along a secondary highway is $5 per linear foot.
- A Scottsdale, Arizona, company has developed an environmentally friendly answer to slippery grips that does not require constant reapplication or disappear with sweat.
- The lady in question is a Carlow Town native who wishes to remain anonymous lest her imminent reapplication for the medical card be jeopardised.
Definition of reapply in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.