Definition of reapply in English:
verb (reapplies, reapplying, reapplied)
1 [no object] Make another application or request: he was ordered to take a driving test before reapplying for a license
More example sentences
- While those over 70 have to reapply for a driving licence every three years, they are allowed to fill out the medical questionnaire themselves.
- He will have to take an extended driving test if he reapplies for a driving licence.
- Under new legislation, all licensees have had to reapply for their licence - whether they want to just convert their existing licence or vary it to include extended hours or entertainment.
2 [with object] Apply (an existing rule or principle) in a different context.
- The source code itself can be sometimes reused, but more importantly, the learning that is represented in the source code can be reapplied in different contexts without major problems.
- When I went over there to his office in Switzerland, he was still truly a regional architect, taking those principles that he had learned and reapplying them in this new context.
- He explains that he's reapplied those principles learned in France at his restaurants.
3 [with object] Spread (a substance) on a surface again: reapply the sunscreen hourly
More example sentences
- He reapplied some different ointments and re-wrapped some all of the bandages he just took off.
- I quickly pull out a strawberry flavored lip gloss and gently apply, then reapply it to my lips.
- Apply it 30 minutes before exposure and reapply every 2 hours.
- Example sentences
- Cost for a new application is $3.60 per linear foot, a reapplication is $2.95 per linear foot and dust control along a secondary highway is $5 per linear foot.
- A Scottsdale, Arizona, company has developed an environmentally friendly answer to slippery grips that does not require constant reapplication or disappear with sweat.
- The lady in question is a Carlow Town native who wishes to remain anonymous lest her imminent reapplication for the medical card be jeopardised.
Definition of reapply in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan