- An officer in the US Navy or Coast Guard ranking above commodore and below vice admiral.More example sentences
- The commander of the MIF was at every point, from 1991 to 2003, a rear admiral or vice admiral from the US Fifth Fleet.
- Hill himself retired from the Royal Navy as a rear admiral, having worked for Lewin in a number of appointments.
- On the other hand, a generation of officers - too junior to have attended staff college or war college by 1941-returned from the war as colonels or captains, and in some cases brigadier generals or rear admirals.
More definitions of rear admiralDefinition of rear admiral in:
- The British & World English dictionary