Definition of rear projection in English:
The projection of a picture onto the back of a translucent screen for viewing or for use as a background in filming.
- What type of TV gives you the best picture quality, is it DLP, LCD, LCD rear projection, or Plasma?
- The anamorphic 1.85: 1 image is clean and crisp, but this then helps to highlight the antiquated techniques - rear projection, blue screen - used to create many of the film's fright scenes.
- Beyond the 20-foot square room, larger, rear projection video screens should be used.
- Example sentences
- The director had to use a relatively cheap-looking model shot in front of rear-projected air-shot terrain footage for all of the ‘in flight’ bomber exteriors.
- Here again, Antin opens windows onto other people's lives, this time through three rear-projected scenes framed by the collapsed architecture of a dilapidated neighborhood.
- In the third component of the installation, a rear-projected video shows Antin in the mirror of a dressing table, simply looking - both outward to the world and inward toward the self.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan