Definition of reascend in English:
Ascend again or to a former position: the fallen angel reascends to the upper air
More example sentences
- In places the sound of the river rises up the gravel slope, and thirsty dogs rush down for a drink and cannot reascend; should the owner go down to fetch the dog, he or she will be trapped as well.
- With the samples on board it reascended to several kilometres above Itokawa.
- The inferior parathyroids descend into the mediastinum (with their pharyngeal pouch III counterparts-the thymic antecedents), then reascend to meet the inferior pole of the thyroid.
- Example sentences
- Looking around the Heat locker room, Strickland tallies the reasons for the Heat's stunning reascension in the East: Mourning, Jackson, Riley, the physical defense, the bench contributions.
- Nobody here can stand up to me and say that I've said that the reascension of Germany is a matter of days.
- This text is offered as a preliminary attempt to call for the reclamation, reascension and revitalization of a discipline.
Definition of reascend in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan