Say or do something to remove the doubts and fears of someone: he understood her feelings and tried to reassure her [with object and clause]: Joachim reassured him that he was needed (as adjective reassuring) Gina gave her a reassuring smile
More example sentences
- He nods at me then I smile, as if reassuring him that I will never do that again.
- Her smile reassures David the outfit he chose was a wise decision.
- Alex reassured him with a smile, and then lifted the laughing child into his arms.
- More example sentences
- The menu is reassuringly limited and everything is cooked to order: do bring a book, because you will wait between courses.
- He is reassuringly down to earth about the acting business.
- But apart from the work on the walls, reassuringly little has changed.