Definition of rebuild in English:
verb (past and past participle rebuilt /-ˈbilt/)[with object]
Build (something) again after it has been damaged or destroyed: he rebuilt the cathedral church figurative we try to help them rebuild their lives
More example sentences
- The garage belongs to a family in nearby Church Road, who rebuilt it as a double garage just two years ago.
- He has never rebuilt the confidence which his father unintentionally destroyed in childhood.
- Once the place is rebuilt, cleaned and sorted, viewers of the show can holiday there.
Pronunciation: /ˈrēˌbild /Back to top
1An instance or rebuilding something, especially a vehicle or other machine.
- It is always cheaper to pay now rather than later, so it became a case of doing a preventative total rebuild on everything.
- I have seen the results of some good rebuild programs and, unfortunately, some bad ones.
- When we found this out we took major action, developing a 20-year rebuild strategy.
1.1A thing that has been rebuilt, especially a part of a motor vehicle, e.g., a motor or an alternator.
- The Peugeot driver was helped by a gearbox rebuild to stay clear of France's Sebastien Loeb after one stage was scrapped following safety concerns.
- I found Phil's post particularly illuminating, and tried turning off a few of the automatic index template rebuilds.
- Example sentences
- The PFP - 2 is 100 percent rebuildable, boasts a 160-psi max pressure output and uses an oversize cast alloy base with a three-point design for superior stability.
- Blackburn's Frame Pump comes in three lengths, from 16.5 to 22 inches, and is made with a tough aluminum body and rebuildable internals.
- The business of compiling from source, installing or fidgeting with rebuildable source RPMs has never been for the faint-of-heart.
- Example sentences
- The most phlegmatic, untroubled rebuilder of wobbling innings in the world today, the 35-year-old left hander shrugged off every ball that gloved him and every one that scuttled.
- Do you have any suggestions on how to tell a good rebuilder from a not-so-good one?
- I met fuel-injection-pump rebuilders who knew the gross margins of every nozzle and pump they produced.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan