Definition of rebuttal in English:
1A refutation or contradiction.
- This order does not include costs relating to any rebuttal experiment the claimant may have performed which was not the subject of Dr Jones's evidence.
- It was not sufficient, by way of rebuttal of the perjury charge, to identify some other possible explanation for Mr Sage's evidence.
- The ease of publishing on the Net is such that if someone posts something obviously erroneous, someone else can easily post a rebuttal, refutation, or correction.
1.1 another term for rebutter.
- Judge Soedarto adjourned the next hearing to next Monday, when Antashari will reply to the rebuttals by the defendant's team of lawyers.
- After the defence rests, prosecutors will begin a rebuttal and Jackson's attorneys will then be given an opportunity to respond.
- The jury was expected to get the case sometime later the day, after the end of the plaintiff's argument and a rebuttal by the senior deputy district attorney.
Words that rhyme with rebuttalbuttle, cuttle, scuttle, shuttle, subtle, surrebuttal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan