- A revised edition of a text; an act of making a revised edition of a text.More example sentences
- Already very old when it was written down, it survives in three main manuscript recensions: in the Book of the Dun Cow, the Book of Leinster, and the Yellow Book of Lecan.
- That this was a serious problem is suggested by the fact that the 1555 recension expands this chapter by noting that failure to comply would result in 40 days imprisonment, a great fine, and loss of the franchise.
- There are three recensions or regional versions of the Sama Veda.
mid 17th century (in the sense 'survey, review'): from Latin recensio(n-), from recensere 'revise', from re- 'again' + censere 'to review'.
More definitions of recensionDefinition of recension in:
- The British & World English dictionary