- Only a handful of recidivists and unrepentant individuals convicted of major crimes against the faith were put to death.
- Most people convicted of driving while disqualified are recidivists.
- Keep quiet about the 4,000 recidivists who run city streets, committing crimes with increasing bravado and little fear of punishment.
- Firstly, this Government passed the Sentencing Act 2002, which states that a recidivist child sex offender can receive preventive detention and be locked up, if necessary, for life.
- There are very good organisations like Safe Network in Auckland, run by John McCarthy, which deals with trying to rehabilitate and run programmes for recidivist sex offenders.
- In conclusion, the main change that this bill introduces is the power to place recidivist child sex offenders under extended supervision for up to 10 years.
- Example sentences
- The drug courts should be working with the more recidivistic group of people and less with the first-time offender.
- Although cruelty to animals seems to hold potential as a predictor of recidivistic firesetting, it is most likely an externalizing behavior that correlates highly with delinquency.
- The same may hold true for recidivistic drug usage.
Late 19th century: from French récidiviste, from récidiver 'fall back', based on Latin recidivus 'falling back', from the verb recidere, from re- 'back' + cadere 'to fall'.
Definition of recidivist in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.