- The practice of exchanging things with others for mutual benefit, especially privileges granted by one country or organization to another.More example sentences
- We must oppose any trade rules based on even the most minimalist form of reciprocity in market access.
- Furthermore, interpersonal relationships in Asia Pacific are based on reciprocity and return of favours.
- Thus began a long correspondence and professional friendship based on reciprocity and shared artistic beliefs.
mid 18th century: from French réciprocité, from réciproque, from Latin reciprocus 'moving backward and forward' (see reciprocate).
More definitions of reciprocityDefinition of reciprocity in:
- The British & World English dictionary