Definition of reclassify in English:
verb (reclassifies, reclassifying, reclassified)[with object]
Assign to a different class or category: Hurricane Helene was reclassified as a bad storm
More example sentences
- Ketamine is currently legal although the Home Office has plans to reclassify it as a class C drug by the end of this year.
- The book was reclassified Category 1 - Restricted.
- But in November 2000 the prison was reclassified as a Category C prison, which meant inmates could not work in the community.
- Example sentences
- In 2002, the council recommended the reclassification of cannabis to a class C drug prompting controversial changes to the way the drug was tackled by police forces.
- From then it will be for manufacturers to request reclassification of their products, with oral contraceptives expected to be at the head of the queue.
- Currently 40 parcels of land are being considered for reclassification.
Definition of reclassify in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.