North American informal
Definition of recon in English:
Pronunciation: /ˈrēˌkän, riˈkän /
Short for reconnaissance.
- These methods are necessary to avoid letting enemy forces know they are under surveillance and to protect the small recon teams from larger military units.
- He conducts an in-depth recon and selection of proposed battery positions.
- Like the characters of his novel, West served as a member of a five-man recon patrol.
Pronunciation: /rəˈkän /(recons, reconning, reconned) Back to top
short for reconnoiter.
- It seems they are concerned that their fortification is being, in some way, reconned for further attack.
- He reconned a pool in York, Pennsylvania, and knew lots of spots in Jersey and New York City for us to skate.
- In the past few days they had reconned the entire lower portion of the east face.
Definition of recon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan