Definition of reconsider in English:
Consider (something) again, especially for a possible change of decision regarding it: they called on the government to reconsider its policy [no object]: I beg you to reconsider
More example sentences
- Now the council must reconsider its planning decision in the light of the judge's ruling.
- The process does not involve changing a decision or reconsidering it or anything of that kind.
- The outcome was that the director, who had said there was ‘no possibility of his reconsidering his position’ agreed to be reinstated.
- Example sentences
- There needs to be a review of all of this and a reconsideration of the role of the director of Central Intelligence.
- Now, less than three years after his death at the age of 89, a vigorous reconsideration of his significance is under way.
- In conclusion, the government has some serious reconsideration to do.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.