- Consider (something) again, especially for a possible change of decision regarding it: they called on the government to reconsider its policy [no object]: I beg you to reconsiderMore example sentences
- Now the council must reconsider its planning decision in the light of the judge's ruling.
- The process does not involve changing a decision or reconsidering it or anything of that kind.
- The outcome was that the director, who had said there was ‘no possibility of his reconsidering his position’ agreed to be reinstated.
- More example sentences
- There needs to be a review of all of this and a reconsideration of the role of the director of Central Intelligence.
- Now, less than three years after his death at the age of 89, a vigorous reconsideration of his significance is under way.
- In conclusion, the government has some serious reconsideration to do.