Definition of reconvert in English:
Convert back to a former state: she reconverted the basement back into an apartment
More example sentences
- I probably bought at the right time, but in terms of paying for a converted apartment and then reconverting it, I probably didn't make a good investment decision.
- A lot of Victorian and Georgian buildings are being reconverted from apartments into townhouses.
- In fact, it was precisely a real engagement in the faith that led me to be reconverted later in my mid-twenties (but that is another story).
- Example sentences
- With the end of hostilities, and postwar reconversion of industry imminent, business and industrial interests launched a concerted, and largely successful, campaign to kill price and rent controls.
- Currently trading as a B&B, reconversion to residential use would be easy.
- The following June, Nelson's premature plans for reconversion to a civilian economy were so strongly opposed by the services that he was forced to resign and was replaced by Julius A. Krug in September 1944.
Definition of reconvert in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia