- Surpassing a record or best-ever achievement: the fair attracted a record-breaking 10,678 visitorsMore example sentences
- Jack, emboldened by his record-breaking achievements on that tour, refused.
- Mr Hempleman-Adams is thrilled at his latest record-breaking achievements.
- That dedication has been at the root of his record-breaking achievements.
- More example sentences
- While it doesn't include a figure for 1998, industry-wide profits the year before that were $2 billion - making 1997, 2003 and 2004 all record-breakers.
- They make the unlikeliest of record-breakers but these sportswomen are determined to beat inexperience and make the 3,000-mile journey from the Canaries to Barbados faster than any men.
- Other runners, home long before us, clapped and cheered us on the final stretch as though we were record-breakers.
More definitions of record-breakingDefinition of record-breaking in:
- The British & World English dictionary