- 1A person who has achieved the best-ever performance, especially in a particular sport: the 100-meter backstroke world record holderMore example sentences
- So, the 100m final did not yield gold for Britain, or the world record holder, or the American champion.
- Roberts, who is the course record holder, found the warm conditions to his liking as others in the field of 421 starters wilted in the heat.
- She is 4 days into the trip and currently 2 hours 24 mins ahead of the current record holder.
- 1.1Something that is unique in terms of its size or other measurable characteristic: at 646 lbs, this catfish is the current record holderMore example sentences
- In its first five days, the film attracted 410,000 viewers in Seoul, overtaking the previous record-holder Mission: Impossible 2.
- In comparison with record holders in their own class of metal-organic porous frameworks, the two newcomers are only slightly inferior.
- The current record-holder for a lobster of this species was caught in Fowey, Cornwall, in 1931.
- More example sentences
- In addition to his US Open wins, he has three US Junior Amateur and three US Amateur titles, one short of the record-holding nine of Bobby Jones.
- He was a record-holding swimmer in 8th grade, a soccer and lacrosse player.
- The team that designed, built and tested the new record-holding magnet was led by Ron Scanlan, a materials scientist with Berkeley Lab's Accelerator and Fusion Research Division.
More definitions of record holderDefinition of record holder in:
- The British & World English dictionary