Definition of recording in English:
1The action or process of recording sound or a performance for subsequent reproduction or broadcast: [as modifier]: a recording studio
More example sentences
- This program could be especially handy for students, who could use it not just to take class notes but also to capture entire lectures with a built-in audio recording feature.
- The multiple cameras allow for simultaneous recording and video, which will match data frame-by-frame.
- The recording industry has traditionally been skittish about allowing its content to be disseminated by anyone but licensed distributors.
1.1A recorded broadcast or performance.
- Some provide video or voice recordings or pictures of donors as babies.
- UV light shows up on film as a bluish haze, which makes the pictures and recordings grainy and indistinct.
- It can make recordings from surrounding sounds, and it can take small pictures.
1.2A disc or tape on which sounds or visual images have been recorded.
- This morning, the jury had requested tape recordings from a police interview made with him.
- Early tape recordings were not easily marketable because they were also very expensive.
- He and Claudia kept in touch through letters and by sending audio tape recordings to each other.
Words that rhyme with recordingaccording, hoarding, unrewarding, waterboarding
Definition of recording in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.