1The action or process of recording sound or a performance for subsequent reproduction or broadcast: [as modifier]: a recording studio
More example sentences
- This program could be especially handy for students, who could use it not just to take class notes but also to capture entire lectures with a built-in audio recording feature.
- The multiple cameras allow for simultaneous recording and video, which will match data frame-by-frame.
- The recording industry has traditionally been skittish about allowing its content to be disseminated by anyone but licensed distributors.
1.1A recorded broadcast or performance.
- Some provide video or voice recordings or pictures of donors as babies.
- UV light shows up on film as a bluish haze, which makes the pictures and recordings grainy and indistinct.
- It can make recordings from surrounding sounds, and it can take small pictures.
1.2A disc or tape on which sounds or visual images have been recorded.
- This morning, the jury had requested tape recordings from a police interview made with him.
- Early tape recordings were not easily marketable because they were also very expensive.
- He and Claudia kept in touch through letters and by sending audio tape recordings to each other.
Words that rhyme with recordingaccording, hoarding, unrewarding, waterboarding
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of recording in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.