- 1A room in an institution or place of work in which people can relax and play games.More example sentences
- On my first visit I felt pretty uneasy as a nurse led us down the long grey corridors to the recreation room where a couple of dozen patients were waiting for their free tea and biscuits.
- The pupils ran into the recreation room, which had one now vital commodity, a television.
- ‘Everyone else is hanging out downstairs in the recreation room; I can take your stuff upstairs to my room if you want,’ Kristin suggested.
- 1.1 chiefly dated term for rec room.