Definition of recrystallize in English:
Form or cause to form crystals again.
- The heat and/or pressure experienced during metamorphism causes the calcium carbonate to recrystallize into a tightly interlocking mass of calcite crystals.
- Fat crystals with high melting points ‘dissolve’ in this liquid fat and are taken along to the surface where they can recrystallise as spiky crystals.
- Normally in a chemistry laboratory, filtration is generally used to separate solid impurities from a liquid or a solution or to collect a solid substance from the liquid or solution from which it was precipitated or recrystallized.
- recrystallization noun
- Example sentences
- This involves ionic diffusion processes in the crystal structure of the solids, leading to phase change and recrystallisation.
- These form emulsions with the sugar and help to prevent recrystallization of the mixture when this is not desired.
- In the near field above the container the borehole will be very effectively sealed by melting, recrystallization and metamorphism of the host rock backfill.
Definition of recrystallize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.