- 1Occurring often or repeatedly: she had a recurrent dream about fallingMore example sentences
- In a recurrent dream, repeated hundreds of times, she saw herself walking on a narrow bridge toward the Golden City.
- I croaked, woken from my recurrent dream of loading reams of information onto the computer, by a banshee wail that went on and on, somewhere in the very near vicinity.
- To this day, I still have recurrent dreams of the Corryvreckan, in which I find myself descending a watery spiral staircase to hell.
- 2 Anatomy (Of a nerve or blood vessel) turning back so as to reverse direction.More example sentences
- It is imperative that the needle be positioned correctly so the recurrent laryngeal and phrenic nerves are not infiltrated with medication.
- The right recurrent laryngeal nerve usually passes around and behind the subclavian artery and then ascends to enter the larynx.
- Risks of parathyroid surgery include permanent hypoparathyroidism and damage to the recurrent laryngeal nerve.
- More example sentences
- It recurrently operates against the context of scientific or pseudo-scientific theories of psychological schism, and especially of the constituent splitting of bodily and psychic identities.
- He admits to thinking about it recurrently and finds himself wondering ‘how Jason feels about it now.’
- This recurrently results in one or more of the following symptoms.