- Sandstones or other sedimentary strata colored red by hematite coating the grains.More example sentences
- Similar thrust ridges bring tilted Neogene red beds to the surface near the northern margin of the Adak valley and indicate that the valley is being overthrust on both its north and south sides.
- These rocks developed as typical red beds, and dip 10-18° towards the west (264° of azimuth of dip calculated from seismic data).
- Their composition suggests that they represent metamorphosed red beds.
More definitions of red bedsDefinition of red beds in:
- The British & World English dictionary