Either of two North American coniferous trees with reddish-brown bark.
- Two species in the family Cupressaceae: the western red cedar (Thuja plicata), which yields strong, lightweight timber, and the eastern red cedar (Juniperus virginiana), found chiefly in the eastern US
More example sentences
- Fortunately there are plenty of other deck-worthy trees in the forest, among them teak, Western red cedar, redwood, and mahogany.
- The gardens have very successfully combined Japanese species such as azaleas, maples and cherry trees with native plants such as Canadian maples and red cedars.
- Scattered eastern red cedar are the only trees within the glade communities.
More definitions of red cedarDefinition of red cedar in:
- The British & World English dictionary