- 1.1 [usually with negative] The smallest amount of money: some of the people don’t deserve a single red centMore example sentences
- He ran an ad that totally distorted Governor Bush's record on taxes, claiming he saved not a single dime or single red cent for Social Security.
- Unfortunately it won't be getting a single red cent from our household.
- You can be damn sure they will never see a red cent of my money.
early 19th century: so named because it was formerly made of copper.
More definitions of red centDefinition of red cent in:
- The British & World English dictionary